Configuration of JFRS-1
In addition to first level support (including documentation) provided by HPC centers, the support provided to users includes:
- the supply of high-level support for the usage of Marconi100 (EUROfusion)
- the supply of support to high priority simulation activities (QST)
Regarding high-level support for the usage of Marconi100,
- A best practice guide (Marconi100) was prepared by HLST addressing architecture, submission system, pinning, benchmarks and real code performance, node usage, OpenMPI library
- The first joint workshop on the usage of accelerated devices for fusion took place in December 2020.
- Japanese users are invited to monthly webinar organized by EUROfusion.
Regarding the support to high priority simulation activities, QST is providing support to a first set of 3 projects jointly selected: MISONIC, TOKEDGE and MULTEI from BA simulation projects in JFRS-1 in FY 2020.
Sample of Call for proposals
The latest “Call for proposals for BA simulation projects in JFRS-1 in FY 2021” can be downloaded below:
The participants must agree to acknowledge EUROfusion and QST when the results of the projects are presented and published.
A suitable acknowledgement is as follows: “This work was carried out (partially) using supercomputer resources provided under the EU-JA Broader Approach collaboration in the Computational Simulation Centre of International Fusion Energy Research Centre (IFERC-CSC).”